Wednesday 16 September 2009

Latest copper jewellery for Sept



My two latest additions to my Artfire and Folksy shops, both in copper of course, and yes I know it has been quite a while since I blogged, and since I used twitter, and even since I've made any jewellery. As I've cured myself of insomnia I'll just have to find another slot in my day for doing all of these things, although it is often good to focus on other things meanwhile as they are all valid and interesting projects. I have to confess that my main passion right now is metal cuffs, so don't be surprised if I start producing mainly cuff bracelets from now on. I just can't find the sort of cuff bracelets I want on the internet, and so I'll just have to make them myself. I used to be an earring person and never bothered with bracelets at all. Now I hardly ever wear earrings but need something big and bold on my wrists, preferably in copper although I also like silver.

My first attempt at a cuff bracelet looked quite good in its minimalist incarnation, before I added all the coils. I'm currently experimenting with filling in the spaces with either beads or metal shapes, and am looking forward to making lots of different varied cuff bracelets from minimalist to OTT. I called this one Mata Hari Steampunk (have I created a new genre?) because it seemed like a cross between the two styles I had in mind. Made entirely of copper wire with silver covered copper wire for accents plus a few sparkly glass beads.
For sale at $49.00 from Artefact Creations on Artfire or on Folksy in GB pounds £29.95.






This necklace is one of my favourites so far as it is simple and bold, yet chunky and unfussy with a sort of primitive medieval or renaissance feel about it (ok history was never my best subject). I'm wondering whether I should perhaps focus on the medieval and renaissance fayre market and start listing on less general directories?

Handmade jewellery just seems to have more soul, it's an elusive something that is very appealing. All my stock is also one of a kind unless stated otherwise - I just prefer each piece to be different.
I also really love the colour of natural raw copper and so never have the desire to deliberately age my pieces with liver of sulphur, although they will certainly age naturally without any glaze. I may experiment with ageing some pieces when I focus just on the cuff bracelets. I've also decided not to buy any more supplies (apart from wire) until I've used up what beads and other components I've already got.

Necklace is US $39.00 (GB £24.00 approx) in my Artfire shop.
Also being listed in my other shops at Folksy etc. All stock is dispatched from London, UK and all currency is automatically converted to your own when you pay by card, so it doesn't matter which shop you go to as I just delete the other listings when sold.



2 comments:

  1. Really you’re doing great job, nice blog with very useful templates and information. It’s very interesting and I would like to visit your blog again and again. Thanks! Copper wire suppliers in India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this informative article. Click here for Best research about Custom luxury bath bomb packaging boxes UK for best branding".

    ReplyDelete