Monday 11 May 2009

Natural copper chain bracelet



This afternoon I made a copper chain bracelet using thick solid copper wire of 2mm, with slightly thinner wire of 1.6mm for the side panel links. It was the first time I'd used this thickness of wire before, but I wanted a more solid look rather than a delicate item of jewellery.


I have now listed it in my etsy shop Artefact Creations for US$38.00 (£25.00 pounds).

I was pleased with the result and intend to make some other designs as well, also using thinner wire to add some beads. A few minutes after listing it I received a request for a custom order to make a belt like this. I was very pleased that my bracelet generated some interest.......was described as beautiful in fact, and that I received my first custom order request, but have decided to postpone any custom orders for now as it would take me quite a long time given how long it took me for the bracelet. At the moment I feel happy making bracelets to stock another website with items that are a bit faster to make, so I may attempt the belt later on when I have a bit more time to devote to a single item and when I'm more in the mood to do it.


I am happy to say that I'm back in the flow of jewellery making again, have regained my previously lost momentum and enthusiasm, and have easily returned to my usual hours of going to bed at around 4.00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment